Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid power issues during flashing process.
Enable USB deubgging from the developer options in your phone.
Enable OEM Unlocking on your phone from the developer options as well.
Backup all your important contacts, call logs, sms messages and media content.
Use your phone’s original data cable to connect it to your PC.
If you have Samsung Kies installed on your PC, turn it off while using Odin.
Disable Firewall/Antivirus in order to download the files properly.
Get a microSD card or a USB OTG since you need to copy the files to it.
Follow the rest of the method being very careful.
Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy J2 Prime/Grand Prime Plus
- Install Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
- Download Odin 3.11.1 on your PC and extract it to get Odin3.exe.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Galaxy J2 Prime/Grand Prime Plus: twrp_3.1.0-1_sm-g532_5617b
- Download SuperSU.zip and DM-Verity file and copy these files to an external SD card or a USB OTG.
- Open Odin3.exe file from the extracted Odin files that you downloaded above.
- Put your Galaxy J2 Prime/Grand Prime Plus in download mode now. To do so, turn off your phone first. Now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power + Home button. As soon as your device boots up showing a Downloading screen, leave the keys.
- Connect your phone to your PC now. Odin should show an “Added” message in the logs and also show the blue light in the ID:COM box. This will verify a successful connection between your phone and your PC.
- Now click on the “AP” tab in Odin and select the TWRP Recovery.img.tar file according to your device carefully.
- The options ticked in Odin should be only “F.Reset Time“. Make sure that the Auto-Reboot option is not checked, we do not want to reboot the phone after flashing TWRP recovery.
- After selecting the file and checking/unchecking the options carefully, hit the start button. Odin will now flash the TWRP and show you a PASS message in a few minutes.
- Once done, disconnect your device from your PC now. Do not reboot your device.